Interview with Fashion Blogger From Nepal: Featuring Mr Gokul Shrestha from Closet of Words - Blaber Blogger

Latest News

Interview with Fashion Blogger From Nepal: Featuring Mr Gokul Shrestha from Closet of Words

Gokul Shrestha is a fashion blogger, based in Kathmandu, Nepal and runs his men’s fashion blog, Closet of Words (He is Goku). He is 23, works as an ACCA and a personal blogger friend of mine. This feature would be an interview with Mr. Shrestha about his fashion, his blog and his experience with Closet of Words.




Q:  Hi Gokul, could you start by telling us a bit about yourself?
A: I'm Gokul Shrestha, blogger at He is Goku (Closet of Words). I have been blogging since three years and more and have this never-ending-love for fashion and food. Turned 23 this spring. Hm. What else? I am an ACCA too!:)

Q: Can you tell us about your blog and what inspired you to start blogging?
A:  Well, I always had this love for clothes and fashion and people around me were always encouraging me to get started with blogging. I initially blogged on a whim without any definitive plan, but here I am. Still blogging!
 
Q: How would you describe your own personal style?
A: Erm. I do like to experiment and try different styles but if I have to term it, it would be clean and classic.

Q: What do you think of being a fashion blogger in Nepal?
A: Being a fashion blogger in Nepal? Hmph. Blogging is still somewhat relatively new here. People are still not fully aware of what bloggers are and what they do. But, people are slowly getting to know it. It’s not still there, but it’s getting better.

Q:  ‘Closet of Words’, Why that name?
A: "He is Goku (Closet of words)'- I reckon it actually illustrates both the things that I fancy. Closet for clothes and the other being words.

Q: Going through your Closet of Words, I know how much creative hard work you’ve been doing as a Blogger myself. You’ve been the man behind all the ideas, the blogger who writes and designs the blog and also the model for your style illustrations. How do you feel about it?

A: Exactly! Blogging can at times be tiresome. You need to be able to illustrate all of your ideas through clothes, make sure that they appeal to you followers and need to allocate hefty time for all these. Cannot forget about the shoots too! Having said that though, you just kind of get drawn to all these things. You see a cloth and you go like " hey this must go really well with my cropped pants', at the back of your mind. Blogging is soothing, lovely, crazy and bizarre at the same time. But at the end, I feel  it’s worth every effort put into it.

Q: Where do you tend to buy your clothes and why?
A: I am rather picky about clothes! Haha. I go around on cloth hunt and just grab anything I feel is worth buying for. I do not necessarily have any "mecca point" for buying my clothes. It can be anywhere.

Q: Where do you find the inspiration for your blog posts?
A: My inspirations? It has to be my love for clothes and fashion. Definitely. And apart from that, all the fellow bloggers, the work of internationally renowned bloggers and followers add up to the enthusiasm.

Q: Is there a person that inspires you for all the fashion blogging you’ve been doing?
A: Not really. There are a lot of people who inspire me in a way or the other. However, there isn't a specific one. Yeah. That has to be it. haha.

Q: You have a lot of followers to your blog. How did you do this? Was there ever a time when you had say only one follower? How did you get more?
A: Obviously. When I was first getting started, I had very less followers but since, I have been quite regular in my posts or at least try to be. All the posts with details of my outfit and the interaction with other bloggers must have contributed to the followers that I have now.

Q: What’s the biggest tip you have for anyone wanting to start a fashion blog or website?
A: The biggest tip would be to have never ending passion for what you are doing. Let me tell you, you might have all it all for blogging but all the time and effort required might actually erode that passion inside you. You gotta just be very passionate and patience. For, you do not earn followers in a day.

Q: Who does your amazing photography?
A: This friend of mine, Kailash Gurung from Shutter Corp. He has amazing photography skills, doesn't he?

Q: Where do you see yourself in the next few years? Do you want to make fashion blogging your career?
A: I would love to! Though the harsh reality is that it is quite difficult to just sustain on blogging. The biggest international bloggers can be exceptions. Since I am also in the accounting and audit profession, I shall be working in the same field. Earn, travel and wander. But hey, I will still be blogging and letting you know of all the travel and fashion diaries.

Q: What’s the biggest challenge about fashion blogging especially for men?
A: The limited area for all the drama and variety of dresses has to be the biggest limitation. We just have to revolve around the same kind of outfits whereas the women will have a whole ocean to choose from. The next would be the followers. The men who are actually interested in fashion and who follow you for the same reason is somewhat limited.

Q: What do you love most about blogging?
A: What do I love most about blogging? Haven't thought about yet. Can I let you know on that later? Haha! I cannot really term out what the most but I assure you I love blogging as a whole.

Q: What do you want to do with your blog in the days to come? Are we going to see more interesting posts and contents and something different?
 A: Like I told you, I am more into clean and classic genre. So you will see more posts on minimalism, a little edgy, clean and classic outfits. Something related to monochrome as well as fashion forward outfits perhaps. I am gearing up for collaboration with some local stores. *Fingers Crossed*

Wanna know more about gokul?
Follow him:


Do leave your opinion and comments about the feature in the comment box below. It would be really appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Go Go GOKU!

    Interesting read Blaber! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice blog but Nepal earthquake in 2015 will make huge tragedy. Patanjali yogpeeth Nepal work for nepal trasdi.For more information Please visit my site: -nepal trasdi

    ReplyDelete

Now its your TURN.
Is there anything you want to say about the post above? Do let me know by leaving your valuable comments in the comment box below. Thank you!

Blaber Blogger Designed by Nischal Gurung Copyright © 2016

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.